Upstairs, Downstairs: The Complete Series Special Edition
Out of stock
|Number of Discs||
21st October, 2020
|Runtime (in minutes)||
Every episode of the iconic period drama.
A spectacular critical and ratings success when first transmitted on ITV, Upstairs, Downstairs still maintains its position as one of the major success stories of British television worldwide. Multi-award-winning (including ones from BAFTA, the Writers’ Guild, the Royal Television Society, Emmys and Golden Globes), the series stars Jean Marsh, Gordon Jackson, Angela Baddeley, Pauline Collins and Lesley-Anne Down.
Upstairs, Downstairs takes place at 165 Eaton Place from the turn of the century through the Great War and into the Roaring Twenties. It concerns the Bellamy family: politician Richard Bellamy, his wives Marjorie and Virginia, wastrel son James, wayward daughter Elizabeth and his flighty ward, Georgina Worsley. The house domestics are led by Hudson, the butler, a conservative Scot who must contend with the ‘below stairs’ behaviour of the household staff, including cook Mrs Bridges and maids Rose and Sarah.
– The Story of Upstairs, Downstairs – five exclusive documentaries
– Audio Commentaries for selected episodes
– Variant version of On Trial
– Archive interviews with Gordon Jackson, Jean Marsh and Angela Baddeley
– An interview with composer Alexander Faris, and a 5.1 mix of Faris conducting the Upstairs, Downstairs theme with a live orchestra
– Russell Harty Goes Upstairs, Downstairs – a 1975 Christmas special