Minder – Collection 1
|Number of Discs||
25th August, 2021
|Runtime (in minutes)||
17 discs bring together the first five series of MINDER – complete and uncut.
Dodgy car dealer Arthur Daley (George Cole) specialises in moving shonky merchandise to unsuspecting punters. To protect him from customers with a grievance, and the long arm of the law, Arthur hires jailbird Terry McCann (Dennis Waterman) as his ‘minder’. McCann, an ex-boxer, has decided to go straight, but with “Arfur’s” shady deals, Terry has his work cut out for him.
Spanning 15 years with a staggering 108 episodes, Minder became one of Thames Television’s most successful series of the 1980s, screening in over 70 countries. Blending crime with cockney humour, the chemistry between the colourful characters, played brilliantly by George Cole and Dennis Waterman, was first rate, set against a backdrop of modern London.
This 17 disc collection brings together the first 5 series of Minder, complete and uncut as originally broadcast, with a collection of special features celebrating the success of one of Britain’s most popular and enduring television classics.
– Audio Commentary with George Cole, production executive Johnny Goodman on “Gunfight at the OK Laundrette” and “Monday Night Fever”
– Audio Commentary with executive producer Verity Lambert and director Roy Ward Baker on “Whose Wife Is It Anyway”
– Audio Commentary with executive producer Verity Lambert on “The Old School Tie”
– Audio Commentary with George Cole and writer Tony Hoare on “Dead Men Do Tell Tales”
– Audio Commentary with script executive Linda Agran and writer Andrew Payne on “Back In Good Old England”
– Audio Commentary with George Cole and writer Tony Hoare on “If Money Be The Food Of Love, Play On”
– Audio Commentary with script executive Linda Agran and writer Andrew Payne on “Willesden Suite”
– Minder outtakes assembled by the production crew
– 1983 Christmas Special: Minder’s Christmas Bonus – Episode of “The Sweeney” starring Dennis Waterman and guest starring George Cole
– Original broadcast ad break bumpers
– and more…