The Sweeney: The Complete Series
|Number of Discs||
10 January 2024
|Runtime (in minutes)||
This 18-disc Ultimate Collection brings together all 4 digitally restored series, original pilot REGAN, and the 2 big-screen feature films Sweeney! and Sweeney 2.
Any pre-order titles will be dispatched in the week leading up to its aforementioned release date. Special features and artwork are subject to change. See FAQs for more information.
THE SWEENEY is the Flying Squad. It is a name derived from Cockney rhyming slang (Sweeney Todd… Flying Squad), used by police and underworld alike to refer to this highly mobile force of top London crime-busters, whose job centres on major crime and its masterminds. Increasingly involved with the ‘organised crime’ mobs, the Squad’s brief is to dig deep into the underworld fraternity for the information which will enable them to prevent the committal of crime or lead them as quickly as possible to its perpetrators.
- Armchair Cinema: “Regan” – the pilot to The Sweeney with Audio Commentary by Dennis Waterman, producer Ted Childs and director Tom Clegg\
- Audio commentaries on selected episodes
- Exclusive NEW Audio Commentaries by Rob Fairclough and Mike Kenwood, authors of “The Sweeney: The Official Companion”, on “Jackpot”, “Chalk and Cheese”, “Taste of Fear” and “Hearts and Minds”.
- Introductions on select episodes by Tony Selby, Prunella Gee, Dudley Sutton, Billy Murray, Warren Mitchell, Wanda Ventham, Bill Maynard, Gwen Taylor, James Booth, Ken Hutchison, Lynda Bellingham, Nadim Sawalha, George Sweeney, John Lyons, Tina Heath, Geraldine James, Stephen Pacey, James Warrior, Jenny Runacre, Nick Stinger, Gary Morcambe and Peter Wight.
- Interview with series creator Ian Kennedy-Martin
- Interview with stunt arranger Peter Brayham
- Interview with writer Roger Marshall
- “Wild Boys” Featurette with Patrick Mower, George Layton, Lynda Bellingham and writer Roger Marshall
- Audio Commentary on the 1977 film “Sweeney!” by producer Ted Childs, director David Wickes and writer Ranald Graham
- Audio Commentary on the 1978 film “Sweeney 2” by director Tom Clegg and producer Ted Childs
- Trailers for each Sweeney film with introductions by Lynda Bellingham, Ken Hutchison and James Warrior
- Episode of Thames comedy series Man About The House guest starring Dennis Waterman
- Restoration Featurette
- and more…