The Gambler (1974)
|Number of Discs||
June 2nd, 2021
|Runtime (in minutes)||
The Limited Edition Blu-Ray set!
James Toback made his screenwriting debut with this taut drama, loosely adapted from the story by Dostoevsky. Axel Freed (James Caan) is an intelligent and well-respected professor of literature at a noted New York university, who uses great writing as a springboard for examining moral and philosophical issues in his class. But when he’s not in front of the chalkboard, Axel has a serious problem — he’s hopelessly addicted to gambling.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- NEW Audio commentary from cinema author & critic Matthew Asprey Gear (2021)
- NEW “After the Game” Video essay by Chris O’Neill (2021)
- NEW “On The Morning After: Composing The Gambler” – A new interview about Jerry Fielding’s legendary score with author/film music historian Jon Burlingame.
- In On The Cut – Interview with assistant editor Sue Kingsley
- 1991 archival audio interview with Karel Reisz about his life & career from the British Entertainment History Project
- LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English subtitles
- Theatrical trailer
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies
This is a pre-order title and will be dispatched in the week leading up to its May 26th release date. Special features and artwork subject to change.
Imprint No 49