The Dead Zone (1983)
|Number of Discs||
July 21st, 2021
|Runtime (in minutes)||
The limited edition Blu-Ray set!
Johnny Smith (Christopher Walken) wakes from a coma due to a car accident, only to find he has lost five years of his life, and yet gained psychic powers. Foreseeing the future appears to be a ‘gift’ at first, but ends up causing problems.
The Dead Zone is based on a novel by Stephen King, directed by David Cronenberg (“Scanners”, “The Fly”) and produced by Debra Hill (“Halloween”, “The Fog”).
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p presentation from a 2K scan from the original negative
- NEW “Look Past The Future: Filming The Dead Zone” – An all new interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin (2021)
- NEW “From Coma To Coda: Scoring The Dead Zone” – An all new interview with composer Edward Shearmur (Reign of Fire) discussing Michael Kamen’s score. (2021)
- NEW “DINO IN THE DARK: ADAPTING THE KING OF HORROR” – An all-new documentary featuring interviews with Mark L. Lester (Firestarter), Mark Irwin (The Dead Zone), Lewis Teague (Cat’s Eye), Dan Attias (Silver Bullet), Mick Garris (The Stand), Tom McLoughlin (Sometimes They Come Back), Tony Magistrale (Hollywood’s Stephen King), and more! (2021)
- NEW Visual Essay on The Dead Zone by film Critic Lee Gambin (2021)
- Audio commentary by film critics Stephen Jones and Kim Newman (2002)
- Memories from the Dead Zone 2006 featurette
- The Look of the Dead Zone 2006 featurette
- Visions and Horror from the Dead Zone featurette
- The Politics of the Dead Zone 2006 featurette
- 1983 Vintage interviews with David Cronenberg, Debra Hill & Martin Sheen
- 2018 interview with Stephen King
- DTS HD 5.1 surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
- Optional English subtitles
- Theatrical Trailer
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies
This is a pre-order title and will be dispatched in the week leading up to its July 21st release date. Special features and artwork subject to change.
Imprint No 60