The Chalk Garden (1964)
|Number of Discs||
June 2nd, 2021
|Runtime (in minutes)||
The Limited Edition Blu-Ray set!
Deborah Kerr and Hayley Mills star in this 1964 drama based on the stage play by Enid Bagnold. When disobedient teenager Laurel (Mills) manages to make yet another governess leave, her grandmother and guardian Mrs St. Maugham (Edith Evans) decides enough is enough. When Miss Madrigal (Kerr) shows up on their doorstep announcing herself as Laurel’s new governess the girl quickly comes to realise that she may have finally met her match.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- NEW Audio Commentary by film historian Kat Ellinger (2020)
- A Personal Account – Interview with production accountant Maurice Landsberger
- A Gripping Account – Interview with camera grip Dennis Fraser
- Theatrical Trailer
- LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies
This is a pre-order title and will be dispatched in the week leading up to its May 26th release date. Special features and artwork subject to change.
Imprint No 43