The Bounty (1984) – Imprint Collection #225
|Number of Blu-ray Discs||
28 June 2023
|Runtime (in minutes)||
THEY BEGAN THEIR EPIC VOYAGE AS FRIENDS… IT ENDED IN HATRED AND BLOODSHED
William Bligh (Anthony Hopkins) was a real-life sea captain who, in 1787, steered HMS Bounty on a 27,000 mile voyage into danger, chaos and madness. After 31 days battling severe sea squalls and Bligh’s ever-increasing cruelty, the weary crew is relieved to land on the tropical island of Tahiti. But soon their tyrannical captain wants to set sail again and the desperate men turn to first mate Fletcher Christian (Mel Gibson) to help take the ship by force.
Originally, “The Bounty” was a longstanding project of Director David Lean who ultimately left the project in 1981 and was replaced by Australian Director Roger Donaldson.
Starring: Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Daniel Day-Lewis, Liam Neeson, Laurence Olivier, and Edward Fox.
Strictly Limited Edition Hardbox set with unique artwork & booklet featuring the original press kit. 1500 copies only.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray from a 4K scan of the original negative
- Audio Commentary by director Roger Donaldson, producer Bernard Williams and production designer John Graysmark
- Audio Commentary by historical consultant Stephen Walters
- Making of The Bounty – documentary narrated by Edward Fox (1984)
- ‘The Bounty’ on Film – visual essay narrated by Stephen Walters (2004)
- Isolated Score
- Aspect Ratio 2.35:1
- Audio English DTS HD 5.1 Surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
- Optional English HOH subtitles
Disc Two – Bonus Disc
- A Fated Ship – documentary surrounding the construction of The Bounty replica ship and the early development of the film (1981)
- In Bligh’s Wake – documentary charting the voyage from New Zealand to Tahiti to deliver The Bounty replica for shooting the film (1984)
- NEW A Desperate Enterprise: Directing ‘The Bounty’ – interview with director Roger Donaldson
- NEW A Long Hard Voyage: Adapting ‘Mutiny On The Bounty’ – featurette
- NEW Limits of Endurance: Scoring ‘The Bounty’ – featurette
- NEW Making Waves – feature-length documentary with members of ‘The Bounty’ film crew
- NEW Mixing Waves – interview with dubbing mixers John Hayward and Robin O’Donoghue
- NEW Voyage of Our Own – interview with second unit cameraman Douglas Milsome
- A Turbulent Journey: The Making of ‘The Bounty’ – Production Slideshow