Minder – Collection 2
Only 16 left in stock
|Number of Discs||
17th November, 2021
|Runtime (in minutes)||
These long-deleted, sought after DVD editions are finally back in print which include exclusive audio commentaries with series star George Cole!
Dodgy car dealer Arthur Daley (George Cole) specialises in moving shonky merchandise to unsuspecting punters. To protect him from customers with a grievance, and the long arm of the law, Arthur hires jailbird Terry McCann (Dennis Waterman) as his ‘minder’. McCann, an ex-boxer, has decided to go straight, but with “Arfur’s” shady deals, Terry has his work cut out for him. When Terry leaves, Arthur’s nephew, Ray, steps in to be his minder, but is initially a little wet behind-the-ears.
Spanning 15 years with a staggering 108 episodes, Minder became one of Thames Television’s most successful series of the 1980s, screening in over 70 countries. Blending crime with cockney humour, the chemistry between the colourful characters, played brilliantly by George Cole, Dennis Waterman, Glynn Edwards, Patrick Malahide and Gary Webster was first rate, set against a backdrop of modern London.
This 17-disc collection brings together Series 6-10 of Minder, complete and uncut as originally broadcast, with a collection of special features celebrating the success of one of Britain’s most popular and enduring television classics.
• MINDER outtakes assembled by the production crew
• Anti-drugs Public Information film “A Little Bit of Give and Take” featuring George Cole and Dennis Waterman
• NUMBER – The Ernie Premium Bonds short film
• Episode Introduction by guest star Kenneth Cope
• 1988 feature-length story “An Officer and a Car Salesman”
• Episode of Thames sitcom “Man About The House” guest starring Dennis Waterman
• Audio Commentary with actor Gary Webster on “The Loneliness of the Long Distance Entrepreneur”
• 1991 Christmas Special: “The Cruel Canal”
• Audio Commentary with actor George Cole on “A Taste of Money”
• Audio Commentary with actor Gary Webster on “A Taste of Money”
• Audio Commentary with actor George Cole and writer Tony Hoare on “The Long Good Thursday”
• Original broadcast adbreak bumpers
• Image Galleries