Golden Boy (1939) – Imprint Collection #156
|Number of Blu-ray Discs||
31 August 2022
|Runtime (in minutes)||
BETRAYED… by misled ambition… reclaimed by a musician’s heart!
Newcomer William Holden became an overnight sensation in the role of a young violinist who turns to boxing and finds himself torn between his two occupations – especially when seductive Stanwyck slinks into his life.
Based on the hit play by legendary Clifford Odets and directed by innovative genius Rouben Mamoulian.
Golden Boy packs just as big a punch today as it did when it came out in 1939, widely considered the greatest movie year ever.
Starring William Holden, Barbara Stanwyck, Adolphe Menjou & Lee J. Cobb.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-Ray from a new 2K scan
- NEW Audio Commentary by film historian Drew Casper
- Cresta Blanca Hollywood Players Radio Drama – Golden Boy featuring John Garfield
- The Jack Benny Radio Show – Golden Boy with Barbara Stanwyck
- NEW Interview with writer, broadcaster and journalist Barry Forshaw
- Original Aspect Ratio 1.33:1
- Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1000 copies with unique artwork
Any pre-order titles will be dispatched in the week leading up to its aforementioned release date. Special features and artwork are subject to change.