DEPARTMENT S - The Complete Series ULTIMATE EDITION (New Restoration)
- Release Date:
- 25th August, 2021
- Runtime (In Minutes):
- Number Of Discs:
- Product Code:
Cult mystery-action series digitally restored from original 35mm elements!
A passenger jet arrives at Heathrow with no-one onboard. The population of an English village disappear overnight. A train arrives at the station with all its passengers dead.
Inexplicable . . . Illogical . . . No Solution.
When a case proves too difficult for the worlds most respected crime agencies: FBI, SURETE, CID – they turn to the team of DEPARTMENT S. Two men, one woman – three extraordinary agents. The orthodox is not for this department of Interpol.
Jason King (Peter Wyngarde): an eccentric novelist, a best selling writer of crime thrillers with a vivid imagination & flamboyant personality. Stewart Sullivan (Joel Fabiani): a determined man of action, who utilises is brain as well as his fists. Annabelle Hurst (Rosemary Nicols): a beautiful but meticulous computer expert with an eye for detail. Each with their own distinct method of approaching an unsolvable and bizarre crime, the team of DEPARTMENT S proves that the most illogical of situation has a logical explanation.
Produced in 1968 by ITC (The Prisoner, The Saint), DEPARTMENT S was a departure from most other mystery programs with its intriguing adventure and off beat stories. This 8-disc Ultimate Edition of DEPARTMENT S brings together all 28 episodes from the series – newly restored from the original 35mm elements presenting the series as never seen before. Special Features include a documentary on the making of the series featuring series stars Joel Fabiani and Rosemary Nichols, plus an audio commentary with Peter Wyngarde.
• “Wanna Watch A Television Series: Chapter One?” – a 50 minute documentary on the making of the series
• Audio Commentary with Peter Wyngarde on The Pied Piper of Hambledown
• Audio Introduction by Peter Wyngarde on A Small War Of Nerves
• Audio Commentary with director Cyril Frankel and assistant director Ken Baker on “Six Days”
• Audio Commentary with writer Leslie Darbon on “The Double Death of Charlie Crippen” Original Commercial Break Bumper • Extensive Image Gallery
• “The Mysterious Man in the Flying Machine” – 25 minute international version
• PDF materials including original press pack information, UK and US Brochures, quick facts and more