Danger Diabolik (1968) – Imprint Collection #12
Out of stock
|Number of Discs||
October 28th, 2020
|Runtime (in minutes)||
A 60’s psychedelic snapshot from horror maestro Mario Bava!
The suave, psychedelic-era thief called Diabolik (John Phillip Law) can’t get enough of life’s good – or glittery – things. Not when there are currency shipments to steal from under the noses of snooty government officials and priceless jewels to lift from the boudoirs of the super rich. The elusive scoundrel finds plenty of ways to live up to his name in this tongue-in-cheek, live-action caper inspired by Europe’s popular Diabolic comics. He clambers up walls, zaps a press conference with Exhilaration Gas, smacks a confession out of a crime lord while free-falling with him from an airplane, and pulls off the heist of a twenty-ton gold ingot.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- NEW 2020 updated commentary by Mario Bava biographer Tim Lucas
- NEW 2020 Video Essay by Kat Ellinger, author and editor-in-chief of Diabolique Magazine
- 2005 Audio Commentary with actor John Phillip Law and Mario Bava biographer Tim Lucas
- “Danger: Diabolik: From Fumetti to Film” 2005 featurette
- “Body Movin'” Beastie Boys music video (with optional commentary by Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch)
- Teaser Trailer
- English HOH Subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase with unique artwork on the first 1500 copies
This is a pre-order title and will be dispatched in the week leading up to its October 28th release date.
Imprint No 12