Come Back, Little Sheba (1952) – Imprint Collection #175
|Number of Blu-ray Discs||
26 October 2022
|Runtime (in minutes)||
That girl in their house spelled trouble!
Two decades after their hasty wedding, Doc (Burt Lancaster) and Lola (Shirley Booth) are stuck in a deadening and loveless marriage. Doc, who dropped out of medical school when Lola got pregnant, blames Lola for the loss of his life’s dream. Lola, who never recovered emotionally from the miscarriage she suffered shortly after their wedding, still mourns the loss of her beloved dog, Sheba. When a beautiful young lodger (Terry Moore) enters their home, long-repressed emotions explode.
The film is based on the Broadway play Come Back, Little Sheba by William Inge. Shirley Booth, who had originated her role on the Broadway play was making her film debut and won Best Actress at the Academy Awards, the Golden Globes and the Film Critics Circle Awards.
Newsweek called the film “one of Hollywood’s few outstanding movies of the year”.
Starring Burt Lancaster, Shirley Booth, Terry Moore & Richard Jaeckel.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-Ray from a NEW 4K scan by Paramount Pictures
- NEW Audio commentary by film historian Scott Harrison
- Burt Lancaster Daring to Reach – vintage documentary
- Theatrical Trailer
- Original Aspect Ratio 1.33:1
- Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies with unique artwork
Any pre-order titles will be dispatched in the week leading up to its aforementioned release date. Special features and artwork are subject to change.